The New Zealand Go Society has been established for forty years and now has half a dozen active clubs in most major cities. Click here for the official NZGS website, the NZ Go Wikia, or check out these local Go clubs:
- Auckland Go Club
- Auckland University Go Club
- Palmerston North Go Meetup
- Wellington Go Club
- Otago University Go Club
The newest formally affiliated club was in Hamilton in 2008. Here is its first press release (now rather dated, but it seems to be the latest available!):
- While we are starting small we want to get big!
- So everyone is welcome to come and play Go: young, old, strong, weak and beginners!
- If anyone who is reading the mailing list could pass the information about the start of a Hamilton club on to anyone they know who lives in the Waikato it would be greatly appreciated.
- There are a few go players in Hamilton that are attempting to start up a club. The first get together was held on Wed 2 April 2008, and had about half a dozen players turn up. At this (early) stage, we are planning on meeting once a month, and seeing if we can get critical mass for a club proper.
- Venue: Vagabond, cnr Anglesea & Bryce St.
- Time: 6pm, first Wednesday of each month.
- Contacts: Len Trigg (021 624 595), Mike Keehan (07 843 9014), or talk to Patrick at Vagabond.