- "This image was selected as a picture of the day for July 24, 2007. It was captioned as followed:
- English: Toutouwai (North Island Robin, Petroica australis longipes), New Zealand"
- "English: New Zealand North Island Robin (Petroica australis longipes, Māori name: Toutouwai). This bird is banded to identify it as part of a restoration scheme to return robins to Wellington and was released in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary, an area surrounded by a predator proof fence. The fence can be seen reflected in its eyeball.
- "Français : Miro rubisole (Petroica australis longipes, nom maori : Toutouwai) de l'île du Nord de Nouvelle-Zélande. Cet oiseau a été bagué dans le cadre d'un programme de réintroduction de l'espèce à Wellington. Photo prise dans le sanctuaire animalier de Karori, une zone protégée des prédateurs par une barrière dont le reflet est visible dans l'œil de l'oiseau.
- "Māori: He Toutouwai (Petroica australis longipes, Ingoa Pākehā: North Island Robin). Nā tētahi kaupapa whakahoki i ngā Toutouwai ki Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara ngā tarawhiti i whakamau ki ngā waewae. I wetekina ki te Karori Wildlife Sanctuary, he wāhi tiakina e te taiepa ārai konihi. I te karu o te manu nei te whakaata o taua taiepa."
Appears on these pages
More about New Zealand... Forums: Index Help desk > New Zealand Wiki
Nice to see that some of my work has been copied to the top panel. Now I must not forget to...
Summary From Commons "This image was selected as a picture of the day for July 24, 2007. It was...
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:06, July 24, 2007||799 × 599 (86 KB)||Robin Patterson||From Commons :"This image was selected as a picture of the day for July 24, 2007. It was captioned as followed: :English: Toutouwai (North Island Robin, Petroica australis longipes), New Zealand" :"Description * "English: New Zealand North Island Robin|